Having only a website without any optimization is nowhere will help you.
Checkout these Search Engine Optimization (SEO) checklists you will need in 2021 and optimize.
Basic SEO – The following checklist you will need are the basics.
- Set up search engine webmaster tools like Google Search Console (GSC) and Bing Webmaster.
- Set up Google Analytics (GA)
- If your website is of wordpress, then install and configure an SEO plugin. (For eg: Yoast SEO, Rank Watch)
- Generate & Submit the sitemap – This is important for the search engines for indexing, crawling and fetching your webpages.
- Create a Robots.txt file – Avoid irrelevant pages you want search engine not to crawl
- Make sure that your website is indexed.
Keyword Analysis & Research – Based on your services or products, etc
- Checkout and identify your competitors
- Find the main keywords.
- Try finding long tail keywords variations – that is where the exact customers are reaching to you.
- Create a keyword map
- Identify questions that are being asked – voice search gonna be the next big thing – most of the voice searches are questions.
- Try finding the keywords with good volume and low competition – if you find that’s the treat.
- Understand how difficult it is to rank for your target keywords.
Moving forward to Technical side of SEO
- Make sure you’re using HTTPS
- Check out duplicate versions of your site & try redirecting them into one.
- Fix canonical errors
- Use any basic SEO tool and find errors and try fixing those errors.
- Improve site speed – try focusing on the google core vital
- Fix the broken links
- Make sure website is mobile friendly
- Try using SEO friendly URL structure – if possible try using keywords in the URLs
- Add structured data
On Page SEO & Content
- Fix duplicate and missing meta title tags
- Similarly, fix duplicate and missing meta descriptions
- Try to maintain the website content structure into H1, H2, H3….
- Avoid putting multiple H1 tags
- Improve meta tags, page content and optimize by putting keywords and proper sentence
- Optimize images – by naming them, Alt tags and sizes
- Improve internal linking
- Fix keyword cannibalization
- Fix orphan pages – the pages which are not linked from any pages
- Keep your content updated.
Lastly, Off Page SEO
- Analyze your competitor’s link which are ranking higher than you
- Try building the backlinks from relevant high authority sites
- Link to the social media handles and post updates
- Set up and Optimize Google my business and Bing places for business for local businesses.