LiFi is a wireless Communication through lights, it utilizes light to transmit data and position between devices. Li-Fi is a derivative of optical wireless communications (OWC) technology, which uses light from light-emitting diodes (LEDs). Visible light communications (VLC) works by switching the current to the LEDs off and on at a very high speed, too quick to be noticed by the human eye.
Professor Harald Haas coined the term “Li-Fi” at his 2011 TED Global Talk where he introduced the idea of “wireless data from every light”.
Advantages of LiFi
- It will work on high density environment
- Data will transmit via LED bulbs
- It provides more secure data transmit.
- Less cost and power saving.
- Not required any routers, modems, antennas and other electronic devices.
- Can use on airlines, under sea to data transfer & browsing.